Автор Тема: Debito :: angelic activist or devilish demonstrator  (Прочитано 17625 раз)

Оффлайн Ilya Sidorov

• Пионер
    • Adeptima Consulting
Debito :: angelic activist or devilish demonstrator
« : 26 Января 2007 22:59:35 »
http://www.debito.org

Особенно понравилось следующее:
「日本人ではない者」として私のみた日本の行政の改善点:概要、キーポイント

日本の将来は国際化にあると思う。国連安全保証理事会に申し込む「正常国」としてのイメージを保つのみではなく、ますます日本の社会は老齢化が進み、納税者の数が低下する予想でもある。この為、「他国民」の溶け込みも非常に大切なこととなる。これを最も促進するのに、政府と官僚は前向きに平等待遇を進め、差別を無くすることは不可欠である。

官僚が行なえる改善点は「小」(即ち官僚が率先すれば改善できると思う点)と「大」(即ち、実行するかいがあると思うが、新たな視点から創造していくことが必要)に分類した。

「小」な改善点

イ)言い方を気を付けてほしい。即ち、「外人」/「外国人」の代わりに、「日本国籍/日本人ではない方」、「他国民/人」、「ノンジャパニーズ」を書類で使い、発言する際でも使用するべき。現在の認識では、外人は帰化しても「外人」のイメージはなくならないし、「日本人」になることはまだ「血」で関係しているので、人種差別となる。きちんと官僚レベルでも「国民は国籍」の認知を進め、即ち「顔」と「血」と「外見」ではなく「日本人=日本国籍」の概念が公に告げてほしい。

ロ)永住者なら「再入国許可」を廃止してほしい。出入国する際、他国籍のある者のみが3000円/6000円を強制的に支払わなければいけない。問題は、入国管理局のない町に住んでいる者には大変不便だし、永住者にとって特に「外人TAX」と強く思われる。

ハ)日本に国籍がない者にも住民票を出してほしい。永住権を有する者は住民税等を払っているし、住民と同じに滞在しているので、同じ待遇をするべき。ちなみに、昭和42年の政令292によると、「事実上の世帯主」として他国籍の配偶者は備考欄に載せられるが、実際に夫の場合だけとなる。他国籍の妻は世帯主になるのは無理があり、絶えず住民票ではいわゆる「透明人間」に残る。「Invisible Wife and Mother」は性差別だし、地震、災難の時なら非常に危険です。行方不明者になることも有り得る。要するに、結婚して住民である事実を反映する為に、国籍と住民が関係ない住民票制度を設けよう: a) 国際結婚の場合、他国籍配偶者を住民票の備考欄に必ず乗せてほしい。 b) 他国籍者は永住権を有すれば、個人の住民票を設けてほしい。

ニ)国際結婚の場合は、戸籍の配偶者欄で「夫」、「妻」としてきちんと載せてほしい。現在の法律では、国際結婚は「混合」の言い方もある。結婚は結婚で公に認めてほしい。

ホ)国籍に関する差別をなくするオフィスを設けてほしい。「ペット、外人お断り」というアパマン斡旋社、レストランは存在している。「外人嫌がらせ」の会社もある。クレームがあれば、後の捜査、フォローアップが出来るスタッフを設けて、マスコミとのリンクも作った方がいい。社会の改善の為、差別を無視して「臭いものにフタを」をやめさせよう。

ヘ)ノンジャパニーズも公務員になる資格が充分にあると認めてほしい。他国籍者を日本人と同じ様に国家公務員として雇用し、管理職の地位に付ける様にするべき。

ト)大学教員任期制を他国民にも明示してほしい。現在の状況では、「契約」の制度は幾分明示されたが、どうやって外国人教師、教員は「正規」になるのかが不明。Tenureをもらう為に基準がある7年間「Up or Out」制度を実施した方がいい。

チ)帰化の手続きを簡潔にしてほしい。現在の状態では、申込は非常に複雑だし、決定も数年間もかかるし、色々な面で恣意的な判断が有り得る。例えば: a) 戸籍謄本を記入する為に、他国では発行していないか、存在し てないか、もしくは記入しにくい書類を要求する:「長男証明書」「父母結婚/離婚/再婚証明書」「養子縁組証明書」「親族の概要」「生計の概要」誕生からの「住所の履歴書」等 b) 素行調査は調査員が個人的に「違和感」がなければ合格。家の内装まで調査し、隣人に訪ねて「へんな人だと思ったことがある?」と尋ねるし、難しさは各調査員次第様である。 c) 人の名前まで結構けちを付けることもある様。 d) 細かいことで却下ケースがある。スピード違反など2回あれば 数年間も検討になるか拒否。たいていな日本人はこれなら不合格であろう!この手続きを若干緩和しないと、帰化の引き止めとなり続ける。

「大」な改善点

イ)国際社会にふさわしい青年を育ててほしい。国公立小中学校で「差別用語」等を教えるべき。たいてい「違いがある人」に対して日本人は不器用な言い方をしがちだと思う。防ぐ為に、社会の根本、青年に「区別」と「差別」の違いを教えること。

ロ)両国籍を認めてほしい。私、個人として、帰化したいが、米国のパスポートを放棄するのは非常に難しい。私の子供も両国籍であるが、20歳で国籍を決めるのは難しいであろう。帰化の為には自分のアイデンテテイを犠牲にするのは緩和した方がいいし、日本も移民者に対して歓迎する態度を見せれば帰化が多くなる。

ハ)数世代における永住者に対する呼び掛けを考え直してほしい。三世代の「在日韓/中国人」なら、「韓国/中国系日本人」にすれば良いであろう。たいてい永住しているし、日本人と変わらない人生を送っているので、その人も日本人だとして扱ってほしい。

ニ)日本生まれの方には日本国籍を与えてほしい。「血」と「国籍」を結び付けることは人種で決定することになる為、色々な問題が生じる。出来れば、両国籍を有する「ダブル」の子供は成人になっても両国籍を持ち続ける様にしてほしい。

最後に、上記のことを幾分実行しても、それぞれの問題が起きる可能性がある。公務員がこのような情報を得る為に、日本人じゃない者をコンサルタント/アドバイザーとして雇用することが望ましい。パートでもフールでもいいが、あくまでも「少数民族の声」を聞くべきだと思うし、小数民族を理解出来る人は小数民族のみであろう。毎月、公務員に報告する職務を与えれば、日本社会には良い結果があると思う。

とりわけ、他国人の中には「ゲスト」や「短期的な住民」ではない者もいるという事実を認めるべき。大勢になり、小数民族にもなりつつあるし、税金で勤務で日本の社会に貢献している。溶け込ませる社会を作るといい結果がある。他国では、溶け込んで住んでいる日系人が喜んで貢献をしているに違いない(例:ペルーの藤森大統領)。日本でも有り得る。皆様公務員が率先して、上記の改善を行えば日本は最も住みやすい国になると思う。

以上

MY SPEECH TO THE NATIONAL PERSONNEL AGENCY
ON ASSIMILATION OF NON-JAPANESE RESIDENTS

(Sent to Fukuzawa, ISSHO, and Friends Mon, 24 Nov 1997)

First of all, I want to thank Fukuzawa, ISSHO, friends, and other concerned parties for the overwhelming feedback to my request for info for my November 20 seminar with Japan's bureaucracy. A number of people have asked me for a report on how it all went. Well, here it is:

(WARNING: as it was a 2.5 hour talk, for accuracy's sake this is pretty long)

HOKKAIDO'S 23RD TRAINING COURSE FOR BUREAUCRAT "BOSSES"
(dai 23 kai hokkaidou chiku kakarichou kenshuu)

I was part of a seven-weekday course, running from Nov 13 to Nov 21, with lectures running from 9:30 am to 12 pm, and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. The express purpose of this training session, according to the kachou of the National Personnel Authority (Jinjiin) I asked, was to expose stuffy bureaucrats to more ideas from the public, as one can quickly lose sight of the people's wishes with all the day-to-day administration.

I said, "In other words, you're trying to raise administrator awareness--'inkan' yori 'minkan'" ("more attention to 'signs of the times' than just 'signing away the time'"). He liked that image and laughed. It was a good start to a good day.

ATTENDING MY DISCUSSION were 29 men representing various branches of the government, specifically: Customs, Land Survey, two from Public Safety, Public Employment Security, Hokkaido Development Agency, Ikkan Honbu (don't know translation), four educators, District Court, two from Forestry, three medical doctors, two weathermen (no kidding), Justice, Animal Husbandry (also no kidding), two from Agronomy, Defense, Telecommunications, Finance, "Corrections" (kyousei kanku), and most importantly, Immigration (This guy and I even knew each other. See why by clicking here. It's an amusing story about a necktie.) Attendance seemed to have been mandatory, and the only one absent was another finance guy--from doomed Takugin Bank.

The meeting started exactly on time, with everyone standing up ("kiritsu!"), bowing ("rei!") on signal, listening to a Jinjiin-ite read my educational and professional background, and then sitting down ("chakuseki") like they do Japanese college graduation ceremonies or British public grade schools. I could see things were pretty formal and stilted, and so I sought at the beginning to relax things a bit.

————————————————————————————————————————

INTRODUCTION:
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

I started off by indicating that I am pretty nervous. I am not used to talking to the government. Likewise you are probably not used to listening to a person like me speaking "Japanese"--or should I say "Debito-go". Anyway, this is not a seminar, where I talk and you listen. I'm going to be saying some things that you will probably find contentious, and I want you to share your opinions. I will talk for about an hour, take about fifteen minutes for break, and then have Q&A/discussion afterwards. So if there is something you would like to take issue with, please wait until I finish. But if something is unclear due to a language problem, then let me know immediately and I'll clarify.

When I was invited here, I was told the goal of the presentation was to describe how bureaucracies in other countries streamline and improve themselves. This is an admirable goal, one that is in the Japanese news a lot these days. However, I am not qualified to talk on this; I have never really worked for the US government, and know little about bureaucratic systems overseas.

Still, the point of thse presentations is to suggest how to make administration meet the needs of the public. And one often-overlooked segment of the public is the non-Japanese residents [in my Japanese: nihonjin ja nai juumin]. So I would like to present my view of how to make things more user-friendly for people like us.

Now, please bear in mind that I am not trying to start a fight. These are my opinions and suggestions, and they are not being made because I don't like Japan. Actually, I like being here in Japan very much. But Japan, like all societies, could use some improvement. I would like to show you a few areas that might well be worth considering for improvement.

I have given everyone a copy of my two-page outline of suggestions. I will read from this directly, elaborating upon and clarifying in between each point. However, I will not digress from this outline, so please feel free to take this with you as a concise reference outline of our talk, and show it to others if you feel it is worthy of their time. Let's get started:

MY OUTLINE, AS WRITTEN AND READ ALOUD TO THE AUDIENCE
(original Japanese text here)

TITLE: MY VIEW, AS A "NONJAPANESE",
OF IMPROVEMENTS FOR JAPAN'S ADMINISTRATION
("nihonjin de wa nai mono" to shite watashi no mita nihon no gyousei no kaizenten)

OUTLINE / KEY POINTS

Japan's future lies in internationalization. This is not only to preserve Japan's image as a "normal country" (seijou koku) as it applies for membership in the UN Security Council, but also due to the steady aging (rourei ka) of Japan's society, and the resultant forecast for the drop in Japan's taxable people (nouzeisha). For this reason, it is tremendously important for assimilation for "othernationals" (ta kokumin) to take place. To further promote this, it is indispensible for the politicians and the bureaucrats to push positively equal treatment, and to eliminate discrimination.

I have separated several points for improvement into two categories: SMALL, meaning that I think the bureaucracy is able to take the lead and make the necessary improvements themselves, and LARGE, meaning that I think these points are worth pushing, but they would involve a whole new viewpoint for Japan to take in their creation.

SMALL IMPROVEMENTS

1) TAKING CARE OF HOW YOU SAY THINGS
(iikata o ki o tsukete hoshii)

Instead of "Gaijin" and "Gaikokujin", I think words like "Nihon kokuseki de wa nai kata" (Non-Japanese National), "Nihonjin de wa nai kata" (Non-Japanese), "Ta kokumin"/"Ta kokujin" (Othernational), "Nonjapaniizu" (sic in katakana) should be used in speeches and in formal documents. Under current perceptions, even if a "gaijin" were to naturalize, s/he would still not stop being a "gaijin". It is still a qualification for people to have blood ties in order to be seen as a Nihonjin, which makes it become discrimination by race. I would like the bureaucracy to tell the public that "a citizen is a citizen by qualification" (kokumin wa kokuseki), not by "face", "blood", or "outward appearance" (gaiken), and foster in the public the concept of "Japaneseness equals Japanese citizenship" at a government level.

ELABORATION: The reason why I coin words like "TA kokujin"--as opposed to "GAI kokujin"--is because here there is no sense of "inside" or "out", being or not being part of a group. "Ta" (他) is benign and just shows otherness. Not difference (as "ijin" (異人) does) or outsider status. We in Hokkaido should be particularly sensitive to this issue, since we are called "gaichi", not "naichi" (homeland), since we are separate from The Mainland. Fortunately, you are all Japanese, so you still belong. But through words like gaikokujin, we are outside even the nationality grouping.

Many of you in the audience are probably shrugging a bit, thinking that these words are Japanese concepts, long-held under an "island-society spirit" (shimaguni konjou), and are probably too difficult to deal with successfully. I understand that feeling entirely. However, I don't think that just because a situation has long been a certain way that it need continue to be this way. If attempts at change are always impossible, then improvements of any sort likewise become impossible. We have to start somewhere, and since the government is specifically entrusted with the job of trying to improve society, words and concepts like these are a problem which need to be addressed--since they promote the view of people like us being different, and embody the very concept of our non-assimilation.

2) DOING AWAY WITH THE RE-ENTRY PERMIT SYSTEM
(sai nyuu koku kyoka) FOR PERMANENT RESIDENTS
Whenever you want to leave and reenter Japan, only people from other countries are forced to pay 3000 yen or 6000 yen for a re-entry permit. The problem is that this is very inconvenient for people who live in towns without an immigration office, and for us permanent residents this is strongly seen as a "gaijin tax".

ELABORATION: I outlined how the system works for those who may not know about it, which by the movement of people's pencils was many. Unless we naturalize, we will forever have to pay for a permit just to travel outside of Japan. 3000 yen for one re-entry, 6000 yen for multiple, valid for a maximum of 1 year (the Korean and Chinese minority get four years). It is mandatory--if we don't do it, we lose our visas upon return and have to start again from zero. Yes, other countries have entry taxes for tourists--even America does. But for permanent residents other countries do not, which makes it an unfair taxation of regular residents, and a further singling out of us as gaijin. It is also an unneccessary daylong trip to Sapporo, at our expense, for residents out in the Boonies. Please do away with this law.

3) PROVIDING A RESIDENCY FORM (juuminhyou) TO PEOPLE WITHOUT JAPANESE NATIONALITY
[To make this essay brief, I omit the background information on the juuminhyou system. If you want it, click here.]

Permanent residents pay taxes and reside the same as Japanese Residents, so they deserve to be treated the same way [and get listed on a Juuminhyou]. By the way, under 1967's Seirei 292, an nonJapanese spouse may be listed in the "Remarks Column" of the Japanese's Juuminhyou only as the "Actual Head of Household" (jijitsu jou setai nushi); but this means that only nonJapanese husbands get listed. It is practically impossible for nonJapanese wifes to be seen as Heads of Household, and she will always remain a so-called "Invisible Person" Juuminhyouwise. An "Invisible Wife and Mother" is sexual discrimination, and in case of a disaster or an earthquake this is very dangerous. It is entirely possible that she will become a missing person [because the records are not clear who is where]. In sum, in order to reflect the reality of married people as residents, let's make a system where Residency is unrelated to nationality. My suggestions are:

a) In the case of international marriage, always list the nonJapanese spouse [regardless of who is Head of Household] on the Japanese spouse's Juuminhyou in the Remarks Column.

b) If nonJapanese have Permanent Residency, give them a Juuminhyou of their own.

4) LISTING HUSBANDS AND WIVES PROPERLY ON THE FAMILY REGISTER (koseki) UNDER THE "HUSBAND" AND "WIFE" COLUMN (not just as a remark).
Also, under current laws, international marriage is treated in the language as a "mixture" (kongou), not a "union" (kyousei). Marriage is marriage regardless of nationality, and let's have that publicly acknowledged.

5) PROVIDING AN OFFICE FOR DISCRIMINATION-BY-NATIONALITY COMPLAINTS
There are rental offices which say "No pets, no gaijin". There are restaurants which turn people like us away. Some offices partake in "gaijin harassment". If there is a claim of unfair treatment, it would be good to have an office which has staff to do some investigation and follow-up, with links to the mass media. For the improvement of society, let's stop ignoring discrimination by just "covering up smelly things with lids" (kusai mono ni futa o).

ELABORATION: This may sound pretty radical, but if you want us to feel like the government is on our side, helping us to assimilate, we need some official assurances that the government is going to actually make an effort to listen and at least try and stop nasty people from doing nasty things. Something like this would be very reassuring, and it might even have some good results.

6) ACKNOWLEDGING THAT NONJAPANESE ALSO HAVE THE QUALIFICATION TO WORK AS BUREAUCRATS. The government should hire, and promote to administrative posts, qualified nonJapanese the same as Japanese.

ELABORATION: [This not only applies to the Korean and Chinese minority, which has had trouble in most areas being promoted beyond entry-level positions, but also to the rank-and-file nonJapanese who work for the government in, say, the university system.] My point is that if you want us to stay here, pay taxes, and make contributions to Japanese society the same way as everyone else, you have to give us the same job security and hope for the future. If not, we're going to leave, which is wasteful of enormous potential and tax money.

7) MAKING CLEAR THE NINKISEI SYSTEM FOR NONJAPANESE EDUCATORS:
Under this Term Limits for University Faculty Law [I held up a copy of it], it is clear how the short-term contract system should work. But how nonJapanese educators can graduate up to tenure is not at all clear. Making a clear 7-year "Up or Out" system would be better.

ELABORATION: This applies to Japanese educators too under this new law. But the problem is that from 1992, nonJapanese educators in particular have been singled out for contract positions, imperiling their job security. The government has said that tenurizing is now all up to the school, but still hasn't made clear how one can stop being under a contract, particularly if you are not a Japanese citizen. Make that clearer. I then gave an example of a clear system--the American "Up or Out", where you get two 3-year contracts, and in your seventh year either you get tenure (Up) or get kicked out (Out) into the Real World.

8) STREAMLINING (kanketsu) THE PROCEDURE FOR NATURALIZATION.
Under the current system, applying is a very complicated procedure, getting approved involves several years of waiting, and too many things are arbitrary. For example:

a) In order to fill out a Family Register, there are some forms required that are not easily begotten or don't even exist overseas; other forms are difficult to fill out: "Proof of being the Eldest Son", "Proof of Parental Marriage/Divorce/Remarriage", "Proof of Adoption through Remarriage", "Outline of Overseas Family" (with addresses, down to cousins), "Outline of Your Livelihood", "Proof of Addresses since Birth".

b) Under the "Good Behavior Investigation" (sokou chousa), a passing grade depends on whether the investigator personally feels no "incongruity" (iwakan). The investigator will even come into your house and look at your interior decor, will ask your neighbors "Have you ever thought your neighbor was strange?", and more. The level of difficulty depends on your tester.

c) Investigators have even been known to deny citizenship based on their opinion of how you want your Japanese name. [I cited here as evidence an all-night debate I saw on TV Asahi in early October, where K and C minorities debated, among other things, how possible it was to naturalize. Some said easy, some hard. But one person gave up because they even tried to take her name away.]

d) Denial can happen on the most teensy grounds. If you have two speeding violations, your application may be delayed for years, even eventually denied. I bet that even most Japanese themselves would fail the citizenship test!

My point is that unless a little bit of rule relaxation takes place, this is going to deter plenty of people from naturalizing.

TRANSITION TO THE LARGE IMPROVEMENTS.

ELABORATION: Up until now, I have talked about things that the bureaucrats could probably ameliorate through internal ordinances (seirei) or "notifications" (tsuutatsu). They possibly don't need to be hammered out in the Diet or receive the blessing of a shingikai. However, the next set of points probably would. Nevertheless, I think they are important topics that not only warrant being thought about, but also some groundwork being done for improvement in several years' time. These are:

1) EDUCATING A YOUTH SUITABLE FOR AN INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY
In national and public primary education, "discriminatory language" (sabetsu yougo) should be taught and talked about. I think there is a tendency in Japanese to use very clumsy language when talking about people with differences. To avoid that, let's teach the difference between "differentiation" (kubetsu) and "discrimation" (sabetsu) to the very roots of society.

ELABORATION: It is still quite commonplace for little kids to point at me and say "gaijin da", even in this modern society. Now, I understand that people like us being here is a relatively recent phenomenon, and that Japan, especially Hokkaido, is not yet used to dealing with us. However, I still think it is possible for people to be aware that people with differences are not to be pointed out, or made to feel different in uncomfortable ways. Manners should be taught, and the best time for this to happen is when people are young. The reason why I put this in the LARGE category is because in principle this is fine, but much work needs to be done to decide exactly what is "discriminatory language", and what those "manners" ought to be. We need a concrete curriculum before we can proceed, but even before that we need these ideals as goals.

And the main reason we need this is because Japan truly is changing, in that more Japanese with differences live here now. A few years ago, do you know how many marriages registered in Tokyo were international? One in seven. Over ten percent. Now when their children enter Japanese school, they are not going to be seen as Japanese by many people out there. But they must be, because they are. For the sake of their assimilation, the government needs to teach everyone's children that genetic differences don't matter, that people are people, and citizens are Japanese. This is the government's job, and it is truly for the sake of Japan's future. This is the real kokusaika, and it is coming.

[I bet by now some people reading this email are growing nauseous at all the "bumper-sticker homillies". But sentiments like these work in Japanese because they have not been repeated ad nauseam yet.]

2) ACCEPTING DUAL NATIONALITY IN JAPAN.
I, personally, want to naturalize, but it is terribly difficult for me to throw away my American passport. My children also have dual nationality, but it will be difficult for them to choose only one nationality at age 20. It would be good for Japan to lessen the feeling of "naturalization as identity sacrifice", and also for Japan to show a friendlier, more welcoming face to immigrants. Do that, and you will get more Japanese people.

3) CHANGING THE TITLES ACCORDED THOSE PERMANENT RESIDENTS LIVING HERE FOR SEVERAL GENERATIONS
Third-generation "Koreans" and "Chinese" are still called "Zainichi Kankoku/Chuugoku jin" (Koreans/Chinese Resident in Japan). I think it would be better to call them "Japanese of Korean/Chinese Descent" (Kankokkei/Chuugokkei Nihonjin). They are usually living here for life, no differently than Japanese, so let's treat them the same by classification too.

ELABORATION: I mentioned my meeting with a third-generation Korean-Descent Japanese last July, and expressed her sentiments about life in Japan to the audience. She herself preferred the titles as I stated them. I myself, after naturalizing, would call myself a "Beikokkei Nihonjin" (American-Descent Japanese), which is respectful towards my ancestry, yet keeps me a Japanese. Again, titling and labelling is part and parcel of assimilation.

4) GIVING PEOPLE BORN IN JAPAN JAPANESE CITIZENSHIP.
Linking blood to citizenship causes many problems, mainly that things are delineated by race. If possible, let's at least allow those "double" children [i.e. "children of international marriages"--I hate the word "haafu"] to retain their Japanese citizenship after reaching adulthood by allowing them to keep dual nationality.

ELABORATION: This is probably the touchiest topic I've touched upon, because citizenship by dint of birth would have far-reaching implications on current concepts of nationality--a baby born to two Caucasian visitors here would thus become a Japanese. Not many countries make citizenship so automatic; America does, but it is the outlier. Still, in this case I prefer the American way, for I have seen its benefits. However, this being Japan, if I had to compromise, I would say an easier way to link birth-in-Japan to citizenship would be to allow children of international couples to maintain dual nationality permanently. This would allow for years of national adjustment, and only involve the removal of a restriction, instead of the establishment of a whole new system.

[NB: I know this is basically a reiteration of Large Point # 2 above, but I tried to be subliminal--with the heading making the point I really wanted and the explanation hedging it. Nationality through birthright is, for the next century or so, pie in the sky in Japan. But I thought I should at least throw out a hard-to-swallow bit, then wash it down it by merely requesting a softening of the status quo.]

FINALLY, I said, if the above suggestions were somewhat put into practice, I can see quite a few possible problems coming up. So that administrators [can deal with them by receiving] pertinent information, it would be desirable if A NONJAPANESE CONSULTANT / ADVISOR WERE HIRED. Part-time or full-time is fine, but the bottom line is that "the voice of the minorities" should be heard, and probably that voice can only come from a minority him/herself. If this person were given the role of giving monthly reports and recommendations, there may be some good results.

Above all, nonJapanese are not always "guests" or "temporary residents". The government needs to acknowledge this. [I asked for a show of hands at this point: "How many of you think that I am a 'guest'? No hands. "How about a 'minority'?" Five hands. "Something else?" About twenty hands. The point is that most people there seemed to have an idea what I am not, but not really what I am.] We are becoming large in number, steadily becoming minorities in this society, and we make contributions to Japan through taxes and work. If we are assimilated, there will be good results. Assimilated Nikkeijin overseas are certainly and *happily* making their contributions known (look at Peru's President Fujimori). That is also possible in Japan.

Everyone, all of you administrators out there, if you take the lead and carry out the improvements written above, Japan will become a much easier country to live in.
Ideas cross mountains, borders, and seas
http://www.ilya1.com/

Оффлайн АНАТОЛИЙ ВАДИМОВИЧ СОЛНЦЕВ

• Заслуженный
    • 日露人
Re: Debito :: angelic activist or devilish demonstrator
« Ответ #1 : 27 Января 2007 10:26:33 »
Очень-очень важная тема. Спасибо за то, что открыли ее. Благодарность и ДЭБИТО, а также по сути за призыв этой публикацией   принять и поддержать его отчетливый и добрый месседж даже на обложке книги - есть текст на русском языке.
Я предлагаю объединить усилия русскоязычных и высказать свое отношение к дискриминации иностранцев и не только, и не столько как в онсэнах Отару, а гораздо шире.
Если горы не идут к Магомету... То Магомет идет и строит в интернете свой сайт... А лучше гор могут быть только

Оффлайн Van

• Заслуженный
    • Ориенталика

Оффлайн Tuman

• Заслуженный
« Ответ #3 : 29 Января 2007 08:25:14 »
Долго думал... видимо тупой, так и не понял в чем проблема дискриминации иностранцев в Японни? Может ее нет?

Потом мне пришло в голову, что проблема не в японцах и не в Японии, а в иностранцах, которые пнаехали... и решили из Японии сдеть дом родной, который бросили. И еще теперь чего-то там хотят, при этом в упор не понимая ни культурыу Японии, ни психоисторическое становление японского этноса.

Надо очень глубоко не понимать японцев, чтобы в сабэтсутайгу: видеть что-либо большее чем просто естественную черту японского социума, и принимать ее также спокойно, как, скажем, культуру поедания сырой рыбы или трахания несовершеннолетних прискорбными старцами в онсэнах. 
тише едешь - дальше будешь :-)

Оффлайн Butsubutsumara

• Бывалый
« Ответ #4 : 29 Января 2007 13:52:15 »
Чудак етот Debito.

Оффлайн Tuman

• Заслуженный
« Ответ #5 : 29 Января 2007 14:31:42 »
Чудак етот Debito.

Похоже, он просто АМЕРИКАНЕЦ. Собственно это диагноз.

Вот, что он пишет:

"[To] me naturalization is just an obvious extension of what somebody in my position would desire anyway——the right to vote and to LEGALLY participate in society the same as any other citizen. I am already as entrenched as any other citizen: I have a house and land with a debt of a quarter-million dollars; with a thirty-year loan I really *cannot* leave Japan...Moreover, naturalization has knock-on benefits that suit a person with my personality. It will enable me to stand on my rights (yes, more than I do now!) with renewed vigor——because I will indeed HAVE more rights, as well as a firmer ground to demand even more (I can except myself from, say, this 'as a foreigner, you are a guest in our country so shut up' bullshit). And——dare I say it?——I would be able to participate in politics as a *candidate* if I so choose)"

Свершенно американские метки:
1. the right to vote and to LEGALLY participate in society. Право голосовать и участи в жизни общества на законных основаниях.

Право голоса и участия в жизни комьюнити — святы апостолы американского сознания.

2. I have a house and land with a debt of a quarter-million dollars. Я владелец дома и земли, кредит за которые составляет четверть миллиона долларов.

Частная собственность, как удостоверение физической значимости лица, ну и доллары. Это америка.

3. It will enable me to stand on my rights. Это позволит мне отстаивать свои права.

Ну а права свои поотстаивать — это любимое дело американцев.

4. Ну и наконец красивая американская мечта в Японии: I would be able to participate in politics as a *candidate* if I so choose. Вот он и в конгресс, т.е. в парламент засобирался.

Занавес.

Я очень уважаю американцев. Но когда они как дети малые транслируют нормы своей культуры на окружающий мир, смешнее этого что-то придумать сложно...

Оффлайн Tuman

• Заслуженный
« Ответ #6 : 29 Января 2007 14:34:51 »
в онсэнах Отару

Как-то я сразу этот момент про Отару пропустил.

Вот вам правда-матка. Нет там никакой дискриминации, а только защита, от обарзевших русских моряков.

1. Мореманы наши используют онсэны, чтобы в них ночевать.

2. Гадят везде и прут от туда все, что можно оторвать в том числе и монтировкой.

3. Устраивают дебоши.

Так что совершенно естественно, что японские владельцы онсэнов во избежание порчи имущества просто не хотят видеть там добрых русских мореманов.

Оффлайн solomka

• Зарегистрированный
« Ответ #7 : 29 Января 2007 16:59:48 »
в онсэнах Отару

Как-то я сразу этот момент про Отару пропустил.

Вот вам правда-матка. Нет там никакой дискриминации, а только защита, от обарзевших русских моряков.

1. Мореманы наши используют онсэны, чтобы в них ночевать.

2. Гадят везде и прут от туда все, что можно оторвать в том числе и монтировкой.

3. Устраивают дебоши.

Так что совершенно естественно, что японские владельцы онсэнов во избежание порчи имущества просто не хотят видеть там добрых русских мореманов.
меня в отару почти во все онсэны пускают, я видела надпись, запещающую входить иностранцам только в очень немногих. и, как выяснилось позже, действительно из-за русских моряков, которые пьют там водку и так и норовят залезть в женский бассейн :P даже как-то за державу обидно...ходим все время с немцами и французами, а нам когда один раз отказали, и сказали, что это из-за русских, мне очень неудобно было... :-[
фирма качество гарантирует - качество плохое

Оффлайн АНАТОЛИЙ ВАДИМОВИЧ СОЛНЦЕВ

• Заслуженный
    • 日露人
« Ответ #8 : 29 Января 2007 17:10:57 »
Прочтите еще раз ВНИМАТЕЛЬНО , что именно написано в первом постинге и на японском, и на английском языках. А также, что именно написано на обложках книг, которые я привел в своем постинге.

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/show125/
« Последнее редактирование: 29 Января 2007 21:16:25 от АБЧ »
Если горы не идут к Магомету... То Магомет идет и строит в интернете свой сайт... А лучше гор могут быть только

Оффлайн Butsubutsumara

• Бывалый
« Ответ #9 : 29 Января 2007 19:26:00 »
На етих обложках, да и в абзатцах тоже - вселенский пафос, на деле же етот Дебито - очередной геинин, по-русски клоун, разберутся тут и без нас кого и куда пускать. Закон не дышло - если кому надо, войдет и в бордельеро, сказано ведь, с сопровождаюшими можно. Только вот в парламенте етого чудика только не хватало, в детском саду уровень интеллекта и то поболе будет.

Оффлайн Ilya Sidorov

• Пионер
    • Adeptima Consulting
« Ответ #10 : 29 Января 2007 23:28:24 »
Дебито можно обвинять сколько угодно в его американизме. Меня лично просто тошнит от многочисленных его безапяляционных высказываний. Но опять же кто из русских сделал хоть какой-то значимый вклад или хотя бы ясно обозначил круг проблем и самое главное предложил хоть что-нибудь для их решения, пусть и на чисто американский лад, связанных с иностранцами.

Если в Токио 2 русских клуба с двумя сайтами http://www.russianclub.jp и http://www.yaponist.com, президенты которых долгое врямя, извиняюсь, срались между собой деля пирог турбизнеса. Ни на одном из этих сайтов нет даже упоминания о проблемах русскоязычной общины, и тем более о наших моряках.

А здесь, например,

"Important here is the human touch, for these people have pretty rough lives", said Rev George Magee, who with his wife, Rev Joyce, and Kanribuchou Mr Akutagawa, helps manage the Mission. "Let me tell you what merchant marining is like:"

And he did. Most of the sailors working the major international cargo routes are from less-developed countries (like The Philippines, where the majority of merchant seamen come from, thanks to good domestic training and indigenous English language ability), hired because they will work for low wages. Many are family men, away from their homes for years on end, because with economic conditions they could not make ends meet. A seafarer's salary is calibrated on country of origin, and almost all of it is directly wired back home for funding the kids' education, building a house, putting food on the table, what have you. The crew gets a little spending money once entering port, but not much--one Japan taxi ride to and from town nearly uses it up. And given the economics and timing of port stays, they don't see much land anyway.

George: "Think distance. From Tomakomai it's two weeks or so to the southern US West Coast. It's a full month to South Africa through the Straits of Malacca and the Indian Ocean. Which means that the crew, usually about 22 to 25 people, are on rotating shifts with the same faces all the time. They soon run out of things to talk about, and have no way to communicate with home or even the outside world unless they are moored. Asail, they don't get so much as a fresh newspaper or television in international waters. But even when in port, docking time is as short as possible. Think overhead. Here in Tomakomai it costs $10,000 per day just for a berth, plus labor if local stevedores and workers pitch in. So the crew just runs ashore, mans the port cranes, and unloads like mad. The average ship is probably docked for one to three days; if incliment weather threatens to damage a perishable cargo like grain, a week tops. But since a container ship can have its cargo off and new on within a few hours, they can be asea again without out so much as an evening's shore leave. A night out is important, because sailors--especially, say, Russians whose bankrupt shipping agencies aren't paying them anyways--want to go ashore and buy things. If they don't supplement their income with durable goods bought here for sale back home, inflation or salary default will void any fruits of their labor. There is no rest for a sailor once the hawsers are cast ashore.

"And there is no rest on the open water either. Think crime. Pirates in disguised fishing boats are more plentiful these days, particularly in the South East Asian straits, and if even one brigand with a grappling hook manages to shimmy aboard with a machine gun, it's all over. I mean it. Pirates once took only cash and personal effects, leaving the crew behind alive. Nowadays the economy is sophisticated enough to want the ship, cargo, hold, and all. So they sling the crew overboard as fish food, sail the ship to a designated secret cove--of which there are plenty in The Philippines, China, and Indonesia--and repaint the ship for sale on the black market. For the very sake of survival, there's got to be a crew member on watch at all times, manning a fire hose, keeping an eye out for skiffs darting about their illuminated hull. So you can see, merchant marining is a low-paying, lonely, dangerous job. Generally only the captains or chief engineers are from the richer countries--its the poor who are Legion and taking the risks.

"And how long does a stint last? Contracts are for one year. Interested?"

Nope. But I was interested in having a look aboard ships docking in Tomakomai. So a few days later, September 18, 2000, I visited ships with the Seamen's Club's Rev Joyce from 9:30 am to 12pm. Believe it or not, I brought my wife and two young daughters (while Joyce brought her two sisters), making a family trip out of it. The Japanese Customs authorities issued us Pastoral Passes without hesitation, and in a well-oiled procedure we scaled in turn four greasy, rickety, increasingly steep (the ship rose as the cargo was unloaded) metal gangplanks to four decks, where we asked to be taken to the mess and meet with the Captain. Our message? The shuttle bus to the Mission would be arriving around 6pm that day and would people like a ride?

Our receptions aboard were invariably pleasant--all someone had to say was "Seamen's Club" and we were waved on deck. Joyce: "We've only had a nasty welcome from one ship--a North Korean--and everyone including the North Koreans advised us against going in the first place." Our first crew, Filipino, were happy to see the kids, giving them juice and crackers and playing with them a little; the captain took us up to the bridge specially to see radar and sonar machines, a majestic view of the port, and even the ship's steering wheel (that's what it looked like; it wasn't knobby, darn it). Next, when we visited one shipshape Chinese tub and another rusted-out Russian junk, the crew said their captains were indisposed ("Might be busy, or with a bottle or a woman."). We left them Mission materials and city maps, donated a few newspapers, sold a few telephone cards, and briefly made conversation about past and future cargoes and ports of call. Our last boat, a Japanese one making round trips between NZ and Tomakomai, had only four Japanese in the whole crew, and they were sitting down to a fish lunch that looked appetizing to everyone except Joyce's sisters. "They eat well on the bigger boats," I was told by a sea captain later, but now the kids were clamoring for McDonalds so off we disembarked to part ways. Thus ended yet another day of visitations, which Seamen's Club volunteers do whenever ships are docked, six days a week, rain, snow, or shine.

As George said, it really is the human touch that matters. And consequently I believe it helps to steer both sailor and shopkeep out of icy waters. So what about this as a prescription for the rest of Hokkaido's trouble-spot seaports? Alas, it's of course not that simple.

"Human touch" здесь не спроста! Очень многое идет от понимания проблем, а нет их игнорирования.
Уверен, если пошуметь, то японцы сделают выводы. Причем, если не ошибаюсь, то часть проблем уже активно обсуждают в 内閣。
« Последнее редактирование: 30 Января 2007 08:21:53 от jinishiu »

Оффлайн Tuman

• Заслуженный
« Ответ #11 : 30 Января 2007 10:19:40 »
Но опять же кто из русских сделал хоть какой-то значимый вклад или хотя бы ясно обозначил круг проблем и самое главное предложил хоть что-нибудь для их решения, пусть и на чисто американский лад, связанных с иностранцами.

Вот вы знаете, работать копипастером очень просто. Вообще легко.

Но разве вы не русский, разве не в Японии живте? Так в чем проблема выполнить риторические призывы собственных цитат самому?

Оффлайн Ilya Sidorov

• Пионер
    • Adeptima Consulting
« Ответ #12 : 30 Января 2007 15:25:34 »
Но разве вы не русский, разве не в Японии живте? Так в чем проблема выполнить риторические призывы собственных цитат самому?
К сожаление на данный момент я могу помочь только программированием, а это на 95% - копи.пейст! Обращайтесь!

Почти 2 года назад(после моего первого года пребывания в Японии) я сделал сайт http://www.russianclub.jp, в котором можно обновлять контент используя только Интернет Иксплорер. Долго уговарил Витилика Макарова раздать пароли к административной части и организовать бурную деятельность.... даже было уговорил несколько человек поддержать инициативу... В итого на сайте с завидной регулярностью появляются фотки очередных пьянок. Причем, это уже не мало учитывая его затраты на организацию этих вечеринок.

Так же стоит заметить, что деятельность русской общины в Токио, по сути никак не пересекается с деятельность хотя бы одной сильной организации. Например, "нашего" посольства или торгпредства. У русского клуба даже нет собственного помещения!

Нужна база для таких заявлений как Дебито, и я надеюсь она появиться!

Лично мне как минимум требуется Ейджюкен, который я получу очень скоро, и стабильная финансовая независимость, к которой я скорее всего тоже очень скоро приду.
« Последнее редактирование: 30 Января 2007 15:35:59 от jinishiu »

Оффлайн Tuman

• Заслуженный
« Ответ #13 : 30 Января 2007 15:42:14 »
К сожаление на данный момент я могу помочь только программированием, а это на 95% - копи.пейст! Обращайтесь!

Вы уверены, что программирование на 95% методом копипаст является эффективным способом создания програмного кода?

Так же стоит заметить, что деятельность русской общины в Токио, по сути никак не пересекается с деятельность хотя бы одной сильной организации. Например, "нашего" посольства или торгпредства. У русского клуба даже нет собственного помещения!

Это проблема русской общины. А точнее не проблема. Вам не приходило в голову, что это ее нормальное состояние? Отсутсвие структуры, разброд и пр.?

А вы не могли бы конкретизировать: кому и зачем она нужна?

Лично мне как минимум требуется Ейджюкен (который я получу очень скоро) и стабильная финансовая независимость, к которой я скорее всего тоже очень скоро приду.

Я не знаю, что такое Ейджюкен, откровенно говоря. Только вижу, что пока вы лично чего-то хотите, от всех, только сами пока не поняли чего именно.

Возможно, полезен будет опыт русских из Пекина и Шанхая. Почитайте еще тут и тут. У всех зарубежных русских в принципе одинаковые симптомы.

Если вы такой предприимчивый и сердобольный, можно обратиться к администрации Полушария с просьбой создать форум типа Русский клуб в Токио. Если ваши доводы будут убедительными, админы пойдут вам на встречу. Сайтик уже есть... можно разводить человеческую деятельность.

Оффлайн Ilya Sidorov

• Пионер
    • Adeptima Consulting
« Ответ #14 : 30 Января 2007 20:39:44 »

Вы уверены, что программирование на 95% методом копипаст является эффективным способом создания програмного кода?

Это проблема русской общины. А точнее не проблема. Вам не приходило в голову, что это ее нормальное состояние? Отсутсвие структуры, разброд и пр.?

А вы не могли бы конкретизировать: кому и зачем она нужна?

Лично мне как минимум требуется Ейджюкен (который я получу очень скоро) и стабильная финансовая независимость, к которой я скорее всего тоже очень скоро приду.

Я не знаю, что такое Ейджюкен, откровенно говоря. Только вижу, что пока вы лично чего-то хотите, от всех, только сами пока не поняли чего именно.

Возможно, полезен будет опыт русских из Пекина и Шанхая. Почитайте еще тут и тут. У всех зарубежных русских в принципе одинаковые симптомы.

Если вы такой предприимчивый и сердобольный, можно обратиться к администрации Полушария с просьбой создать форум типа Русский клуб в Токио. Если ваши доводы будут убедительными, админы пойдут вам на встречу. Сайтик уже есть... можно разводить человеческую деятельность.

Уважаемый, Tuman! Спасибо огромное за ссылки. Постараюсь прочитать внимательно. .... И все таки сдается мне, что задел я вас в предыдущем топике.
http://polusharie.com/index.php/topic,60200.0.html

Давайте не будем разводить оффтом и здесь, и тем более о программирование. Поверьте, мне есть что ответить о том как писать код с максимальной для себя выгодой, и что в этом хорошего и плохого. Если вам интересно со мной пообщаться, пишите в личные сообщения. Можно будет опять же попить кофе в Токио или во Владивостоке, чтобы вы действительно могли ответсвенно заявить о том, что я - "предприимчивый и сердобольный".

Об этом топике
Для начала я хотел бы послушать мнение людей о Дебито как о социальном явление. Думаю, он и его мысли этого заслуживают.

О форуме
В яблочко. Спросите у Виталия Макарова о том сколько я у него крови попил настаивая на том, что форум делать надо именно на ПОЛУШАРИИ!!! Да, да и именно на Полушарии, а не на очередном сайте русского клуба. Как в воду глядел два года назад. Задним умом все гении, да!?

О Ейджюкен
Опять же извиняюсь. Для меня - это "вид на жительство"(永住権), т.е. вид визы, который не надо продлять и которую по идеи не могут отобрать просто так.
« Последнее редактирование: 30 Января 2007 22:48:33 от jinishiu »